Allyson Germano is our bride of the day! Proud and excited to say Congratulations on such a special day. Ally and her husband are quite the characters, enjoying so many hobbies together and being totally different at the same time, that is what I call LOVE! The amount of beauty and joy that comes from this bride is exquisite. We are thrilled to have you as a Galia Lahav bride!
– Right after Nick and I got engaged the summer of 2014, I started searching Pinterest for wedding dresses. A Galia Lahav dress came up (not the one I said yes to) but it was that moment I knew I would wear a Galia Lahav dress and found a bridal boutique near me and tried that dress on. A year later, when wedding planning really started, I was browsing the Galia website and saw the Suzanne gown… I knew instantly that that was the dress I had to have. I called that same boutique and made an appointment during the Galia Lahav trunk show. It was the first dress I had tried on that day and knew it was the one. I tried on two other gowns but I felt the Suzanne gown was made for me, it has just the right amount of sexiness, elegance, and gorgeousness.
– We met through a mutual friend in 2010… It’s kind of funny, I actually couldn’t stand him when I met him, and I tried setting him up with one of my girlfriends because I was set on staying single for the summer. He had given me his number to give to her, and I had to text him for something. From then on, he wouldn’t leave me alone and was texting me everyday. Before I knew it, we were hanging out all the time and after six weeks, he made it official. We are total opposites but enjoy the same things, going to Disneyland, wakesurfing, hiking, trucks, and car shows. I kind of just knew he was the one for me… He has a tough exterior but he’s a big softie on the inside.
What was the highlight of your special day?
– There were a few! The first one was when I got to Garre Winery (the venue where we had the ceremony/reception) and saw how everything came together, to see all of my hard work and visions come to life was amazing. The second was seeing all of my bridesmaids looking very chic with and the groomsmen with their hats, vests, and sleeves rolled up looking very sharp. The third was the first look, when Nick finally got to see the dress everyone had talked about for a year! I was so excited for that moment with him that I couldn’t stop smiling.
– When we were doing the ring exchange, Nick had grabbed my right hand instead of my left. I kept trying to pull it back and give him my left hand… It was so funny! In his defense, I did put my engagement ring on my right hand, so he was a little thrown off by that. We were able to laugh about it standing up there, and all of the guests did, too. It made a serious moment more fun, which I prefer since I am not a very serious person.
– I loved every moment of the experience. I had the pleasure of meeting Linor at Kinsley James during the Galia trunk show in 2014 when I first tried on dresses and she made me feel like I belonged in a Galia Lahav gown. It felt like something out of a story tale.
– I purchased my dress from Kinsley James Couture Bridal in the Bay Area, Walnut Creek, CA. All of the women there are amazing! It was the only place I ever tried dresses on at since they carry Galia gowns and there is no other place in the Bay Area that does.
Photos: Colson Griffith Photography of San Francisco
Venue: Garre Vineyard and Winery in Livermore, CA.
Bride: IG ally_cheerio